Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mr. Sap and Haywood: In Purpose on Purpose JAZZ

Gentlemen, thank you for your preparation and practice. I am convicted by Johnny Nash who I recently saw and said without bitterness "Houston has never paid me a dime" . I stopped feeling sorry for the lack of work, and I rejoice at the good choice, made by Kyle Turner and Sam Pink at the RED CAT JAZZ CAFE.

I did not have my camera that night but Smitty and "T" are doing a great job on Mondays and Wednesdays with jazz at SMITTY"s. Keep up the good work. I also hear that Joe Carmouche at LEGENDS JAZZ CAFE has resumed straight ahead with a group on Thursdays according to my "friend till the end " Archie Mangrum. Where is the Sunday session and the FRI and Sat straight ahead? Now someone else needs to cooperate with the jazz community and offer more Think about it and support live music here in Houston, especially the straight-ahead.

No comments: