A warning from Peter : 1 Peter 5. Pray for YOUR LEADERS
1. I WARN and counsel the elders among you the pastors and spiritual guides of the church as a fellow elder and as an eyewitness called to testify of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a sharer in the glory the honor and splendor that is to be revealed disclosed, unfolded :
2. Tend nurture, guard, guide, and fold the flock of God that is your responsibility, not by coercion or constraint, but willingly; not dishonorably motivated by the advantages and profits belonging to the office, but eagerly and cheerfully;
3. Not domineering as arrogant, dictatorial, and overbearing persons over those in your charge, but being examples patterns and models of Christian living to the flock the congregation.
4. And then when the Chief Shepherd is revealed, you will win the conqueror's crown of glory.
5. Likewise, you who are younger and of lesser rank, be subject to the elders the ministers and spiritual guides of the church--giving them due respect and yielding to their counsel. Clothe apron yourselves, all of you, with humility as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from you, with freedom from pride and arrogance toward one another. For God sets Himself against the proud the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful--and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them, but gives grace favor, blessing to the humble.
6. Therefore humble yourselves demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
7. Casting the whole of your care all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8. Be well balanced temperate, sober of mind, be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring in fierce hunger, seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
9. Withstand him; be firm in faith against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined, knowing that the same identical sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood the whole body of Christians throughout the world.
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace Who imparts all blessing and favor, Who has called you to His own eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.